Lawyers Who Help People Correct Credit Report Errors

Credit reporting agencies have been making the news recently for not properly correcting individuals’ credit reports. If you have inaccurate information in your credit report, here is what you should do:

Consumer lawyer Troy Doucet talks about the federal and Ohio laws that help protect consumers in everyday transactions. He will touch on the laws governing Mortgages, Debt Collection, Car Purchases, Gym Memberships, Credit Reporting, and those annoying robo-calls we all get on our cell phones.
  • Write a letter disputing the inaccurate information to the credit reporting agencies (TransUnion, Equifax, Experian), and attach to it whatever proof you have that the information is not accurate.
  • Send the letter certified mail, return receipt requested, to prove you sent the letter.
  • Make a copy of the letter and evidence before you send it to the credit agencies.
  • Wait 30 days for their response.

If any agency does not respond to you within 30 days, you should write to the agency again. You can send a copy of your prior dispute, if you like. While failing to respond to your first letter is likely a violation of federal law, sometimes a second letter ensures the bureau can review and respond to your concern.

If the matter still is not fixed after the second letter, please contact Our law firm for help at (614) 944-5219. We can evaluate your case for representation against the reporting agency for failing to make the required correction. We would ask the credit reporting agency pay our attorneys’ fees so you don’t have to. Call for an evaluation today, or schedule your appointment with us online today!