File a Complaint, Save a Life

ohio foreclosure defense help and consumer lawyers and attorneys

Filing a complaint about a product or service that you feel is unsafe can help protect yourself and other consumers. Some manufacturers actually appreciate consumer complaints because a complaint can help influence a recall and help protect the company from being liable if their product hurts a consumer. Below you can find more information about how to file different complaints for different types of products. Vehicle Complaints:

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) helps enforce vehicle recalls when consumers complain about motor vehicle safety defects. Vehicle recalls help get unsafe vehicles off the road and repaired before people get injured. Vehicle owners can report a vehicle safety complaint online by clicking here or by calling the NHTSA at 1-888-327-4236.

You can also find more information about vehicle complaints by reading our blog post “Do you know you rights with vehicle recalls?”  Our lawyers can also help consumers in Ohio who have auto related problems after buying an unreliable or broken vehicle from dealerships.

ohio foreclosure defense help and consumer lawyers and attorneys

Food and Drug Complaints:

Consumers can file food and medicine related complaints with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These government agencies focus on removing hazardous products from stores and monitor food distributors to protect your health

You can learn about how to file a complaint about food distributors with the USDA online by clicking here. Every state also at least one agency that also monitors a variety of different types of food distribution from schools’ children nutrition, emergency food, adult care programs, and agriculture. Click here to see a list of organizations in Ohio that monitor food distribution.

The FDA handles consumer complaints about food, medicines, vaccines, cosmetics, tobacco, animal food, and much more. You can find more information about how to file a non-emergency complaint by clicking here. You can also file emergency complaints about FDA related products by calling 1-866-300-4374 or 301-796-8240. The FDA emergency hotline is active 24 hours a day every day and you can learn more about how to determine if your complaint is an emergency by clicking here.

You should call 911 if you are having a medical emergency for medical help.

best ohio foreclosure defense help and consumer litigation lawyers

Consumer Product Complaints:

You can report an unsafe item to the Consumer Product Safety Commission. The CPSC protects people from getting hurt by forcing manufacturers to recall products that can be defective and dangerous. The CPSC focuses on protecting consumers from products that pose an electrical, chemical, fire, or a mechanical hazard. You can access the CPSC website by clicking here to file a complaint about an unsafe product.

Has a business taken advantage of you?

The lawyers at Doucet & Associates Co LPA help protect consumers who have been taken advantage of by businesses and have expertise knowledge about the Ohio Consumer Sales Practices Act. If you feel your consumer rights have been violated, but you have not been physically harmed we may be able to help you. Call us today at (614)944-5219 or click here to send us a message online.

We help consumers with a variety of issues such as auto problems, collector harassment, credit report errors, mortgage abuse, gym memberships, spam phone calls, class actions, and much more. Click here to learn about more ways we help consumers!

Did you like our article? Please follow us on Facebook and Linkedin to catch our most recent articles!